We are prototyping a modification of The Floor is Lava:
- What are the objectives of the game?
- This question is important because it narrows the scope of the game. If the rules are simply to not touch the floor, the game could become boring as it would lack purpose.
- What are the objects that could ask as platforms?
- Having a defined set of objects and their “roles” (safe zone, buff, etc.) could make the objectives more clear. It might also enhance the gameplay and strategy of “winning.”
- Is the game easy to understand?
- Social games should have a simple and clear set of rules that can be quickly explained. Are the rules of the game overly complex? At the same time, is the game too simple?