Team / Game: Congrats Grad!
Joyce, Jason, Graciela, Emily
Observations / Things to change:
- Lots of rules to read — normal for RPG, but certain wording confusions should be clarified (e.g. What does “FREE” mean? What does M/S mean?)
- Need to clarify that there are two parts of the game: first aligning existing assigned values to 10, and then creating scenarios to get to 15
- Need to clarify what 4-1 indicates (rolling either 4 or 1)
- Should probably put M/S categories on same side of profile-building card
- Add a note about who rolls first (whoever’s oldest / closest to graduation)
- Also took some time to set up player personas — ways to speed this up?
- Should clarify that the dice roll difficulty chart only comes in once players have completed part 1 — or do something else with this mechanic
- Fix FAMILY PRESSURES chart values
- Probably provide separate cards to jot down story progress — flipping back and forth seemed a bit much
- Some players confused about how to build the profile: maybe allow people to come up with own scenarios rather than going by the original chart roles?
- Give an example of game play initially — like a demo video or something — in a systematic manner, like ‘current state is this’, ‘I want to do this’, ‘therefore’, etc.
- Have players do a background introduction after building personas, and before starting part 1
What players liked!
- Overall concept / style was coherent, and worked with RPG genre
- Even though trait building took some time, liked it because it set up personality and gave prompts to go off of while building the different scenarios — better than chicken game
- Also liked the warm up period before moving from 10 ->15
- Liked that everyone acted as the game master together
- Liked the theme because it’s relevant, so people were able to come up with scenarios