My protoypes could prototype
- Are microgames appealing since they are so short ( <5 seconds )?
- The basis of our game is a series of microgames similar to WarioWare. The microgames are super short flashes of funny scenes the player must interact with.
- Since they occur so fast, new people are at a disadvantage.
- On the flip side, the older players have an advantage and we don’t want them to get bored.
- I believe the frenzy, frantic feelings the microgames will bring up will be enough to excite the player each time, and I think the older players will enjoy watching newer players feel the same fluster they did.
- Will making the microgames faster introduce enough variation as the players progress?
- Similar concerns as stated above. We need our players to stay engaged, while realistically only being able to create a limited variation of microgames. Will changing the speed be enough to keep engagement? Or will we need to add more complications like visual elements? Or audio?
- Will players want to play cooperatively or should there be a competition aspect as well?
- The players will have a group health on each level so they can only proceed if they all succeed together. Due to the repetition of microgames, having a competition aspect seems boring and does not add anything. There is no skill being tested except if you have played before and remember it. So I think competition can’t be a real aspect and I do not think it will need it.