- Identify elements of cheese or font
- Next Quiz Button – Core
- Cheese Types Choice – Core
- Font Types Choice – Core
- Word – Core
- Sketch out the core elements
Make one element in a NEW thumbnail sketch HUGE.
Try taking ONE color and using it in your thumbnail sketch along with black.
Make 3–4 thumbnail drawings that use type in different ways
Explore proximity in your design (short descriptions answering the questions is ok).
- The Replay and Next Quiz Buttons should be grouped.
- The Stats, Challenge Friends and Random Quiz Buttons should be grouped.
- The Cheese Types, Font Types, cheese/font visual and Word Text should be grouped.
Visual Design Principles in Fortnite
Fortnite is a good example of good visual design:
- Size: The font makes it clear what the main components of attention are (Main player, the “PLAY” button, etc.)
- Color & Contrast: The colors make it intuitive where the human eyes should look at first or more importantly – i.e. note the only yellow is the most contrasting color from the color theme here.
- Typography: There are capitalization, along with family fonts, at play here. This makes it intuitive for the user to think of the different components of the game.
- Alignment & Proximity: The way in which all of the elements in this screenshot are aligned make it clearer what the user should prioritize – main player is at the center of the screen, left side grouping show tasks/statistics for the given Season, right side indicates logistics for upcoming game match, etc.